Format Requirements for Deed Recording
- Affected Property must be located
in City of St. Louis.
- Legal Description of the Affected Property must be correct, complete and include City Block Number and Lot Number.
- Type or Title of document must be stated in the heading. Example: General Warranty Deed.
- Origination Date of document must be stated. Example: "made on this 1st day of January, 2009"
- The Legal Names of All Grantors must be stated.
- The Mailing Address for Each Grantor must be stated.
- The Legal Names of All Grantees must be stated.
- The Mailing Address for At Least One Grantee must be stated.
- Document reference to previously recorded document must state Book and Page Numbers or Date and Daily Numbers for that previous record.
- If there is insufficient space on First Page for all aforementioned information, First Page must include a citation for the Page Reference within the Document, or the Exhibit or Attachment to the document, where the required information is provided.
- Missouri Standard Page