Apply For A Marriage License
At Historic St. Louis City Hall
Same Day Application
License Issuance Service
License can be used for a ceremony in
any Missouri County, including St. Louis City
|Marriage Application-License Information Flyer|
Between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Monday-Friday (except Holidays) at Marriage License Department
City Hall, Room 126, 1200 Market
Contact 314.622.3257 - E-mail
- Bride and Groom must provide:
- Bride and Groom Information for
Marriage License Application
Applications are Public Records in Missouri
- Current Name
- Previous Surname (Last Name), if any
- Age (as of last birthday)
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (state or foreign country)
- Current Residence (street address, city, state, zip)
- Current County of Residence
- Number of This Marriage (first, second, etc.)
- If Previously Married, Cause of Previous Marriage Ending (death or divorce)
- If Previous Marriage Ended in Divorce, Date of Divorce
- If Previous Marriage Ended with Death of Spouse, Date of Spouse's Death
- Number of Education Years Completed
The Application information is entered into the Database by a Marriage License Clerk.
- Verification by Bride and Groom - The Marriage License Clerk prints a copy of the Application. The Bride and Groom examine the Application for correctness and any changes necessary are made.
- The couple signs the Application and makes the following Oath: We hereby certify that the information provided is correct to the best of our knowledge and belief and that we are free to marry under the laws of this state.
- After the Application is completed, the Marriage License is issued-
- The Couple may leave with the License
- The Couple may pick up the License at a later date but within 6 Months - 6 Month Application Expiration, License Must Be Picked Up Within 6 Month