The Recorder Assistance Center (RAC) provides assistance in obtaining death certificates recorded anywhere within the State of Missouri.
State and Federal Law requires that a valid form of ID be required if the request is submitted in person — or that a notarized signature be required if submitted by mail. Please call or visit our website for forms and information.Death Certificates request form
Online Vital Record Ordering Through Vital Chek
*Additional fees may apply
For Death Certificates
- Name of Deceased (First + Middle + Last)
- Place of Death (Hospital or Home Address)
- Date of Death (Month + Day + Year)
- Applicant’s Name (Person Requesting Copy)
- Applicant’s Address (Street Number + Street Name + Apartment Number + City + State + Zip Code)
- Applicant’s Phone Number
- Relationship of Applicant to the Deceased or Interest of Person Requesting Copy
- Purpose for which Copy is to be used
To Correct or Change a Death Record Record
Local Recorder Assistance Center (RAC) offices are not permitted to correct/change a Death Record. Please call the State Vital Records Bureau at 573.751.6385 or write Vital Records Bureau, Missouri Health Dept., P.O. Box 570, Jefferson City MO 65102.