The Recorder Assistance Center (RAC) provides assistance in obtaining death certificates recorded anywhere within the State of Missouri.
State and Federal Law requires that a valid form of ID be required if the request is submitted in person — or that a notarized signature be required if submitted by mail. Please call or visit our website for forms and information.
Death Certificates request form
Online Vital Record Ordering Through Vital Chek
* There is a nonrefundable payment of $11.25 paid to “Vital Chek”
Find Out Your Eligibility
Certified Copy Requirements
All Application Information Must Be Provided.
- Death Certificates: $14.00 Nonrefundable Fee for First Copy of record. $11.00 Per Each Additional Copy of the Same Record.
- Payment for Walk-In Service is by Visa/MasterCard or Cash. No Checks.
- Payment for Mail-In Service is by Check, Money Order, or Cash.
- Walk-In Customer Must Provide Driver’s License or State ID. Applicant’s name on the License/ID must match the Applicant’s name on Copy Application.
- Mail-In Customer Must Provide Notarized Signature and Date with this Statement: bq. I, __, subject to penalty of perjury, do solemnly declare and affirm that I am eligible to receive a certified copy of the vital record(s) requested and that the information contained in my request is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Fill out the above form.
For Death Certificates
- Name of Deceased (First + Middle + Last)
- Place of Death (Hospital or Home Address)
- Date of Death (Month + Day + Year)
- Applicant’s Name (Person Requesting Copy)
- Applicant’s Address (Street Number + Street Name + Apartment Number + City + State + Zip Code)
- Applicant’s Phone Number
- Relationship of Applicant to the Deceased or Interest of Person Requesting Copy
- Purpose for which Copy is to be used
To Correct or Change a Death Record Record
Local Recorder Assistance Center (RAC) offices are not permitted to correct/change a Death Record. Please call the State Vital Records Bureau at 573.751.6387 and choose Option 2, or write Vital Records Bureau, Missouri Health Dept., P.O. Box 570, Jefferson City MO 65102.