The Recorder's Assistance Center (RAC) is responsible for issuing new and duplicate Marriage Licenses and applications, and provides certified and uncertified copies of any marriage license or application from St. Louis City. The City of St. Louis Recorder of Deeds is not responsible for legal descriptions.
Start your Marriage Application Here
Search for your Marriage License Here
Marriage License Request Form
Purchase Copy of a Marriage License Online
Saint Louis City - Years 1931 to Present
- Must be at least 18 years of age or consent from a legal guardian
- Divorcee must wait at least 30 days from the date of divorce finalization to apply
- $48.00 Nonrefundable Application Fee by Visa/MasterCard or Cash. No checks
- Both Applicants must appear together at Recorder’s Office to make the Application
- Both Applicants must present their Driver’s License, State ID, or Passport
- Applicants are encouraged to fill out their marriage application online
- Coming Soon...Remote Marriage Application & License Issuance
License Use Requirements
- 30-Day License Use Expiration. License must be used for a ceremony within 29 days after it is has been picked up.
- Within 15 days after ceremony, clergy or judge must complete, sign and return License to Recorder of Deeds.
- Ceremony must be performed in Missouri and officiated by a U.S. citizen who is a clergy in good standing with a Missouri congregation, an ordained officiant, or judge of a court of record.
Certified Copy Requirements (1931 to Present)
- $12.00 Nonrefundable Fee. Payment for Walk-In Service is by Visa/MasterCard or Cash. No Checks.
- Payment for Mail-In Service is by Money Order or Check only.
- Provide Both Applicant Names (First Name + Middle Name + Last Name) AND Ceremony Date (Month + Day + Year).
Marriage Records from 1881 to 1931 Are Located In Recorder of Deeds Archives Dept. – (314) 622-4546 Room 129, City Hall – email@example.com