The Recorder's Assistance Center (RAC) is responsible for issuing new and duplicate Marriage Licenses and applications, and provides certified and uncertified copies of any marriage license or application from St. Louis City.
Saint Louis City - Years 1931 to Present
- Must be at least 18 years of age or consent from a legal guardian
- Divorcee must wait at least 30 days from the date of divorce finalization to apply
- $48.00 Nonrefundable Application Fee by Visa/MasterCard or Cash. No checks
- Both Applicants must appear together at Recorder’s Office to make the Application
- Both Applicants must present their Driver’s License, State ID, or Passport
- Applicants are encouraged to fill out their marriage application online
License Use Requirements
- 30-Day License Use Expiration. License must be used for a ceremony within 29 days after it is has been picked up.
- Within 15 days after ceremony, clergy or judge must complete, sign and return License to Recorder of Deeds.
- Ceremony must be performed in Missouri and officiated by a U.S. citizen who is a clergy in good standing with a Missouri congregation, an ordained officiant, or judge of a court of record.
Certified Copy Requirements (1931 to Present)
- $12.00 Nonrefundable Fee. Payment for Walk-In Service is by Visa/MasterCard or Cash. No Checks.
- Payment for Mail-In Service is by Money Order or Check only.
- Provide Both Applicant Names (First Name + Middle Name + Last Name) AND Ceremony Date (Month + Day + Year).
Weddings are performed by Judges of the 22nd Judicial Circuit (City of St. Louis) as a service to citizens at no cost on scheduled Fridays at 2:00pm in the Civil Courts Building, 10 No. Tucker Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63101. Couples planning to be married should come to the Court Administrator’s Office, Room 412, 4th floor of the Civil Courts Building, between 1:15pm and 1:30pm (registration ends at 1:45pm) on the Friday afternoon they wish to be married.
Couples must bring with them:
- Their Missouri Marriage License issued by the City of St. Louis Recorder of Deeds;
- Current Picture identification to prove that each person to be married is at least eighteen (18) years of age (examples of government-issued ID), a recent picture ID such as a valid (U.S.) State driver’s license, a valid (U.S.) State ID, or valid Passport;
- One of the two individuals to be remarried must provide proof of residency in the City of St. Louis (for example, a hard copy of a recent utility bill confirming their City residence address);
- Two witnesses who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS AND WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF JUDGE(S) PERFORMING CEREMONIES.No appointments will be made. Couples are limited to four guests. Weddings are scheduled on the following dates:
- November 17
- December 1
- December 15