Birth RecordsThe Vital Records Department provides assistance in obtaining birth certificates recorded anywhere within the State of Missouri.
State and Federal Law requires that a valid form of ID be required if the request is submitted in person — or that a notarized signature be require if submitted by mail. Please call or visit our website for forms and information.
Birth Certificates request form
Online Vital Record Ordering Through Vital Chek**Additional fees may apply
Certified Copy Requirements
- Birth Certificates: $15.00 Nonrefundable Fee Per Copy.
- Payment for Walk-In Service is by Visa/MasterCard or Cash. No Checks.
- Payment for Mail-In Service is by Check, Money Order, or Cash.
- Walk-In Customer Must Provide Driver’s License or State ID. Applicant’s name on the License/ID must match the Applicant’s name on Copy Application.
- Mail-In Customer Must Provide Notarized Signature and Date with this Statement: bq. I, __, subject to penalty of perjury, do solemnly declare and affirm that I am eligible to receive a certified copy of the vital record(s) requested and that the information contained in my request is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
For Birth Certificates
- Birth Registrant’s Name (person’s birth record being sought: First + Middle + Last)
- Place of Birth (Hospital or Home Address)
- Date of Birth (Month + Day + Year)
- Father’s Name (First + Middle + Last)
- Mother’s Maiden Name (First + Middle + Last)
- Applicant’s Name (Person Requesting Copy)
- Applicant’s Address (Street Number + Street Name + Apartment Number + City + State + Zip Code)
- Applicant’s Phone Number
- Relationship of Applicant to Birth Registrant or Interest of Person Requesting Copy
- Purpose for which Copy is to be used